Sunday, June 21, 2015

Vikings

Back in January I posted briefly on a hike we took to Luggala in the Wicklow Mountains just outside of Dublin. I have been dying to go back ever since and today we packed up our boys, jackets, hats and scarves (it was one of those changeable days weather-wise) and a nice lunch into the car and set off.

Last time we went it was Winter and it was stunning enough but today, oh wow, it was just breathtaking!!! Of course I was VERY excited to see that the set for "Vikings" was there on the beach, complete with all the huts, viking ships etc (and of course food vans etc for the crew and actors, who sadly were nowhere to be seen, I wouldn't have minded running into Ragnar Lothbrok ;-)

This time we took a long hike to Lough Dan, it was downhill most of the way, yay, not so yay for the long uphill trek back with 3 little boys, but they were troopers.

I know I've said it before, but I truly feel so lucky to live in such a beautiful country and love that our boys are now old enough for nice long hikes without too much fuss.

I loved hiking with my Dad as a kid and my love of the outdoors and mountains probably comes from all the walks he brought myself and my sisters on when we were kids.























PS Happy Fathers Day to all the lovely Dads out there, I am blessed with a truly wonderful Dad, who is just brilliant, fun, loving and absolutely always there for us no matter what. As I grew up I always hoped the man I married would be a brilliant Dad to our kids and thankfully I hit the jackpot there too :-)

2 comments:

Renee said...

Wow!!! Such a beautiful place!! (My Hubby's very jealous that you got to see part of the set for Vikings!lol)

http://arthur-n-martha.blogspot.co.nz/

Thrifted Treasure said...

Thanks Renee, although somebody who lives in stunning New Zealand should never be jealous of anywhere else in the world ever!!!