Sunday, July 1, 2012

Finding Figgjo

One of the loveliest things about browsing through thrift stores and wandering around flea markets is not knowing what on Earth you may find. I often come home with beautiful vintage objects I never knew existed, fab kitchenware I have never seen before and rare little one-off pottery pieces. Now what could be better than that?

Well, finding something that's been on your wish list FOREVER of course!!!

Please allow me to present my gorgeous retro Figgjo casserole...


Isn't it adorable? These gorgeous casseroles were produced by the Norwegian manufacturer in varying designs, this one is called "Market" and I have wanted one (along with the other designs too of course) since first seeing it on a retro blog a few years ago. They crop up on eBay occasionally but always at pretty high prices so I was delighted to pick this up at Vinnie's a couple of weeks ago for only $8!!!

Yay!!!

8 comments:

Emma said...

That truly is a fab op shop find! So love the pattern. x

Jenny said...

Congratulations! I love those and have only ever found (and bought) a lid. Silly!

kurrabikid said...

You truly have such wonderful luck! Love it.

Year at the Op Shop said...

Yes, I agree, your luck is amazing!
So jealous.

Hello Vintage said...

Brilliant, I bet you couldn't believe your eyes!

Susan said...

How do you have such good luck with Figgio finds AND at bargain prices! So envious. Its beautiful.

Stephanie said...

Amazing! I've never heard of this before, but just by looking at can tell that $8 is a STEAL! Beautiful.

iheartsunnydays said...

I've never heard of or seen this before but I can see why you love it so much - its pretty cool! Wish I could come across half the cool stuff you do :)