Monday, June 4, 2012

Nigella

It's no secret to those who know me that I LOVE Nigella Lawson! I have a collection of her DVDs and watching them is the only thing that makes ironing bearable. Her recipes are so achievable (and yum) and it's so nice to watch somebody enjoy the food they make just as much as I do :-)

Nigella has a lovely collection of kitchenware, the range is called "Living Kitchen" and while her products are widely available in the UK, there is only one retailer that sells them here in Australia (at hugely inflated prices).

I refuse, on principle, to pay rip-off Australian prices on products that cost a fraction overseas (don't get me started), so even though I have been longing for a lovely Nigella bread bin for ages there was no way I was paying the Aussie RRP of $189! Then last week, one came up on eBay for pickup only in a suburb about 15 minutes away. I couldn't believe it when I won it for $51!!! It was out of the packaging but barely used!

Isn't it lovely...

Of course it's duck egg blue :-)

And I love how the lid doubles as a chopping board. Now I know I posted recently on my own little DIY bread bin, and that still has pride of place on my kitchen worktop, but in a house with three little boys who love bagels, croissants and bread so much, 2 bread bins isn't excessive is it?

Here are another couple of Nigella scores from previous posts...

A pair of cups and saucers that retail at $89 for $2 at a car boot sale.

And a lovely cookie jar that retails for $49 for $3 in Vinnie's.

Now if I could only pick up her beautiful cake dome for a few dollars somewhere ;-)

6 comments:

Meg said...

Its gorgeous....lucky you!!

kurrabikid said...

A great find! Again...

Bijou Sugar-Socks said...

lovely color! but outrageous prices :( what a steal for you :)

Vanessa said...

Gorgeous kitchenware finds as always!

Emma said...

Well done! Such a gorgeous investment for your kitchen!!! x

Allana said...

The way you have great luck I imagine the cake dome is on its way to you somehow! I kick myself regularly for not grabbing 2 of the cookie jars for $5 each at our local tip shop of all places! I had a huge pile of treasures already and thought I could live without them... silly!