Friday, August 20, 2010

Somebody stop me!!!

Presenting baking attempt no. 2!!!


I decided on chocolate cupcakes instead of muffins (simpler recipe) and am delighted with the results again. I was under pressure to bake this week, I think every school and preschool in Australia must be having an Election Day cake stall and the note to mums at my boys' school and preschool specified "HOMEMADE CAKES"!!!

I'm so glad this deadline made me give it a try because I've really surprised myself by enjoying it. With my new baking knowledge I have actually managed to make 2 batches of yummy cupcakes and got a real kick out of pulling these lovely treats out of the oven and knowing I made them myself.

Don't worry, this isn't going to turn into a baking blog, just pretty excited with my first couple of attempts!

7 comments:

Emma said...

Well done! Move over Martha, we have a new domestic diva!

white cat vintage said...

Well done! Ive had that book on my wishlist at the book depo for ages and I keep overlooking it, It does look lovely though maybe I should get it? Good work I hope you continue baking, it really is good fun and very rewarding. Btw. I have an award for you at my blog I hope you can accept. Megan xx

Anonymous said...

It looks super yummy!

Mason said...

ooooh--that looks good! :)

Flotsam Friends said...

Another little beauty!! The pink icing is just the best colour... It goes so wonderfully with the chocolate colour. Pruxxx

Evelyn said...

chocolate cupcake with pink icing, I love it!

Mushee said...

YUM!!!!!!!!! Feel free to post some over here....