Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Rose

On Sunday I paid my first visit to the Fifties Fair at Rose Seidler House in Wahroonga on Sydney's Upper North Shore. The house was designed by famed Architect Harry Seidler for his parents in 1948. I was interested in seeing the house itself having lived in a Seidler-designed apartment building when we first lived in Sydney back in 1999.


But the main draw for me this particular day was the fair itself...


People came in their droves (or fab vintage cars).

And dressed to the nines (this fab couple very kindly posed for me and gave me permission to post their photo on this blog).

There was fantastic fifties music beautifully performed.


And stall after stall of vintage homewares and collectables.


Then of course there was the house itself...

Stunning retro decor.


Check out the deck!

Funky kitchen.

Even washing machines were fab back then, sigh...

I really enjoyed the fair, it was my first time and definitely not my last :-)

5 comments:

vintage mum said...

That looked like fun I love the fridge.
Cate x

Flotsam Friends said...

I'm glad you had such a great day. The house is just perfection. I love everything about it. The fireplace, the kitchen, the mural, I want it all. I love the quality of your photos, they feel 1950's! Pruxxx

Anonymous said...

Love the fridge too! How cool. Next year I am going too!
xxx

Vanessa said...

Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos, very inspirational! I love the retro wall mural and everyone decked out in their 50s best.

Evelyn said...

looks like fun! love the photos!