Thursday, December 3, 2009

Teepee or not teepee

My middle munchkin S occasionally likes to escape the chaotic antics of his brothers and find a little spot to chill out with his books and puzzles. His favourite previous little getaway spot was a Thomas and Friends pop-up house which doesn't so much pop as flop anymore after a couple of years of constant use and being climbed on. He likes to stand up and take stock of his surroundings so a lot of the little houses available now aren't tall enough, even though he's only a little cupcake.

So now I'm thinking along the lines of a teepee, it would be a great little spot to hide and chill out and with a few cushions scattered on the floor would be so lovely and cosy.

Here's some teepee inspiration, I have had these images for ages stored in my decor folder so I have no recollection of where I found them and hence can't credit their origins, oops!





Aren't they gorgeous? Most of the ones I have researched online such as Dobbin and Drum and An Angel at my Table are pretty expensive so I'm still on the hunt.

11 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh I love those! I've been wanting to get a teepee for our daughter. Thanks for sharing pictures of these and the links to the sites:)

Margaret said...

By the way, I love the picture of your son! So adorable:)

Michelle said...

That's such a bummer someone outbid you! I want a teepee for myself now after looking at those pictures :) But it may just be that the rooms are just as inviting too! Any good finds lately? I haven't had much time for blog reading lately, so I'm feeling out of the loop on everyone! We moved in Saturday- it's a great feeling!

kurrabikid said...

Oh, he is adorable! Look at that hair!! A teepee is a lovely idea.

Evelyn Fernandez said...

your baby look so adorable! and also his room is so cute!

The Vintage Modern Girl said...

love those teepees! your little one is so cute i want to cry...i hope you find a teepee for him soon!

Missa said...

Love love love! Have you tried to just make one?

What a cutie pie :)

Leigh said...

I love the teepee idea! Maybe I should get one for my nephews.

grass1167 said...

As the owner of one, you know how much my boys love it, L even camps out in it on our deck!! Fingers crossed you find what you want.
Exx

Thrifted Treasure said...

Thanks everyone, he's a little cupcake :-)

Evelyn, I'd love to take credit for any of those gorgeous rooms - they're just from my inspiration folder though, and Missa - it did occur to me to try and make a teepee from bamboo and some fab fabric I have but then I reminded myself that's it's been 12 months since I started H's bunting and I'm still not finished - at that rate the teepee might be ready in time for the boy's own children!! :-)

Grass I am SO going to steal your teepee next time I'm at yours ;-)

Dad.. said...

Boy I would've LOVED a tee pee as a young lad!!