Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Casserole Central

Now that it's Winter here in Sydney the cooler temperatures call for heartier meals. Cheesey potato-bakes, rich casseroles and roasts all make for a happy family (and thicker waistline in my case). I am well-prepared for this cook-fest with an array of casseroles fit for a feast!

Here are some favourites...

A cute cast-iron casserole by Cousances - originally a rival to Le Creuset who bought the company in the 1950s.

A lovely Noritake casserole, I love the crisp white and dark blue.

A fab enamelled casserole with cast-iron body and steel lid, I love the retro pattern on this, it was made by Swiss company Von Roll.

I'm sure I've featured this beautiful green casserole before but couldn't resist showing it again, fab!

This lovely aqua blue baking dish is perfect to make a pie for two :-)

A Denby casserole in a lovely steel blue/grey.

Initially I loved the retro pop-art look of this casserole but eventually decided it wasn't for me and sold it on eBay, it now has a new loving home :-)

And last, but definitely not least, ANOTHER Raymond Loewy Le Creuset Cocotte, I LOVE it! It's wider and flatter than my turquoise one...

Don't they make a lovely pair?

7 comments:

mel @ loved handmade said...

Aren't they fantastic!! What gorgeous colourful finds..

Cornflakes and Honey said...

I love baking, especially in winter!

Sir Thrift-A-Lot said...

Love the last three! So awesome!

Toronto Yardsaler said...

I want to eat in your kitchen.
Erin

Vanessa said...

Bright orange and teals everywhere, my favorite color combination ;)

I love that first one, the last Raymond Loewy set, and the crazy pop art ones in particular.

I'm with Erin, can we come over for supper?

Arctic Mum said...

Am very impressed by your casserolle collection! LOve the swiss one especially.

Hello Vintage said...

I found a reto casserole dish yesterday and was thinking of this entry. Might go back and grab it!