Saturday, December 6, 2014

It's not too early anymore!!!

YES!!! I finally coerced my husband into letting me get started with the Christmas decorations yesterday. He's been saying it's too early for MONTHS now ;-)

First up is our bookshelf. It's always stacked with random bits and pieces, books, ornaments etc but some little additions have Christmafied it nicely :-)




I love how elegant something as simple as some pretty baubles in a crystal glass bowl can look.

Then there's the mantlepiece...





I might add a grassy gold garland to this scene, haven't decided yet.

And of course, the TREE!!!


It's seven feet tall, the perfect height for our living room.












We went for a nice traditional red, gold and silver theme this year and I love it! Our decorations are a combination of new, old, homemade, gifts and some from my childhood Christmas trees that my Dad gave me :-)








I can't wait for Christmas day!!! It's lovely and cold and festive here in Dublin and we are really enjoying it!! Is your tree up yet? I know some people started decorating last month!!! They're not married to my husband ;-)

4 comments:

Renee said...

Love your decorations!! And your tree looks Fantastic! (We haven't even put one up yet! My kids are a tad deprived!)Your so right about how great the baubles look!

A little bit country said...

Love all the Christmassy touches. I have some left over baubles so am going to hunt out a glass dish to pop them into. Merry Christmas xoxo

Thrifted Treasure said...

Thanks Renee, I'm so happy with our tree this year, lovely traditional colours :-)

Thrifted Treasure said...

Thank you :-) Merry Christmas to you too! Your lovely Christmas cake post inspired me to hurry up and bake my cake today!