Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pyrex Hunting

Wow! There is a serious Pyrex drought here in Sydney. I blame certain magazines, who shall remain nameless (FRANKIE!!!) for featuring articles on collecting gorgeous retro Pyrex and hence making it popular and therefore increasing competition!

Despite this I have managed to find some really nice pieces, some online, some from op shops and others through a lovely vintage trade group I have joined.


First up and probably one of my most wanted pieces ever is this fab Butterprint cinderella bowl. I had given up ever finding one "in the wild" and when I saw this online at a great price I couldn't resist, it is in absolute pristine condition!


I didn't even know cinderella bowls came in this beautiful robin egg blue until I was offered this one in a trade with a very lovely collector, one of my absolute fave pieces!


Another cinderella bowl, this one in the "Town and Country" pattern was a few dollars at a market.






My pie dish collection groweth! All of them op shop finds apart from the turquoise which was part of the same trade as the robin egg bowl.


Yet again part of that same trade (best trade ever!!) were these gorgeous refrigerator dishes, or fridgies as they're fondly called by collectors, they are insanely cute!!!


This turquoise snowflake rectangular dish was an ebay purchase, at a very reasonable buy it now price, the perfect size for potato bakes :-)


A lovely friend bought me this gorgeous Anchor Hocking casserole, I had never seen this pattern before and absolutely love it, I am now obsessed with finding more pieces in the same pattern :-)


And finally a couple of Agee Pyrex (Australian made) divided dishes, I had cleared out my divided dish collection as I had way too many and they're a pain to stack but these two are such cute patterns and were only a couple of dollars each so I couldn't resist. Could I?

Now just in case you're thinking "where the hell does she put all that Pyrex" I have recently done a MASSIVE clearout through trading and on eBay. I have decided to concentrate mainly on cinderella bowls and pie dishes, both of which I use regularly and a few other shapes in patterns I absolutely LOVE!!! That's all :-)

4 comments:

Hello Vintage said...

Wow, have done well! I love the colours of the first two. Sherryx

Thrifted Treasure said...

Thanks Sherry, hope you start blogging again, miss your lovely posts :-)

Lucy said...

Woah - serious op-shop envy going on here! I've hardly ever found any Pyrex in our op-shops, and the one's you have are very gorgeous. I love the 'fridgies' too!

Thrifted Treasure said...

Thank you, I just love the gorgeous colours and retro patterns!