Sunday, October 11, 2009

Pottering about...

Whilst out on a solo covert Santa shopping mission at Toys 'R' Us yesteray I took the opportunity to pop into Vinnie's on the way home and have a quick look...

I came across these 3 pieces of earthenware in different parts of the shop and think they look really nice together.

I love the angular handle and subdued green of this jug - $3.

This nice little bowl (should really have given a clean before photographing it) - $2.


And this lovely little grey lidded pot - $2.

On the subject of the Santa shopping mission, I am now armed with numerous catalogues and a dozen ideas - trampoline/inflatable family-sized paddling pool/bikes - decisions, decisions... and lots of fun :-)

10 comments:

French Kissed said...

Thanks for stopping by French Kissed and leaving a comment. So nice to discover your blog and all of the great treasures you are collecting. I agree that the 3 earthenware pieces look wonderful together. I especially like the aqua pitcher. I will be watching to see what you do with your new tray. Have a great Sunday!

~Jermaine~

Missa said...

I love that sort of organic looking pottery and yes, these pieces look so perfect together! Love the colors! Nice finds :)

The Queen of Clearance said...

the colors really do look good together! I love them and such great prices too!

home girl said...

those colours are fab! i say go the trampoline santa xx

Bluebird said...

they are so pretty indeed...they look like they are already great friends! they would look very nice with some silver mercury glass ornaments scattered around them at Christmas time!

cristina said...

Gorgeous blue jug, nice thrifting!

Engracia said...

Love the colours, esoecially the grey ot and the blue jug. Nice finds. Have a happy day.

elena-lu said...

haha i LOVED your "complaint"! if only all complaints were so nice :)

Kate said...

These are lovely!

BTW I'm not sure where you live, but I was in Vinnies in Lane Cove (Longueville Rd) yesterday, and there are three pyrex bowls with lids that have your name written on them! Hope you're in time if you're keen!

Evelyn said...

Lovely finds!
Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog, it's fun to see what others are unearthing from thrift stores and yard sales. Love your blog and will be following you.

Evelyn
http://modishvintage.blogspot.com