Sunday, September 13, 2009

Mr and Mrs

Anyone out there NOT love peacocks? Shame on you! I get so excited whenever I see one, the delight when they fan out their stunning tails and vainly enjoy the gasps from all who watch. I was delighted to come across this little pair...

Poor old peahen, one of the species where the male is the fairer sex. No hairy bums, bald heads and pot-bellies here thank you very much :-p

mwah

They are heavy-ish, brass I think, I'll probably use them as little paperweights or something. Interestingly peacocks seem to be very en vogue this year in fashion, I have spotted numerous tops and maxi-dresses in high-street stores in peacock fabrics, lovely!

6 comments:

home girl said...

the happy couple are aborable. i love them kissing! unusual to see peacocks depicted without their tails up. excellent score!

The Queen of Clearance said...

I just picked up a pair of birds today too! But not peacocks! These are so cute!

Leigh said...

These are great! I have similar set that are actually salt and pepper shakers.

Bluebird said...

i love peacocks, too! those two are just so fabulously vintage- what a great find!

Toronto Yardsaler said...

Cute peacocks. And down with the hairy bums, I say!
Erin

Anonymous said...

They are beautiful!