Friday, July 10, 2009

Fitsch

I don't buy kitsch very often, I have a fear I'd get carried away and end up with a home looking like an Austin Powers set! However when I saw this little guy I couldn't resist...

A very groovy glass fish platter - $2.50 in Vinnie's. Wouldn't he look fab adorned with smoked salmon and cream cheese balls or sweet chilli prawns?

Besides its kitsch charm this is actually a nicely crafted piece. It looks like it's been carved out of ice.

Look at that sad little fishy face, how could I not bring him home?

Swim fishy swim...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Austin Powers set" lol - I just said to my husband at dinner that I don't want our house to look like a flea market.

Missa said...

Very nice and I love your clever title :)

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

Too Cute! Dang it...I am concerned now about the Austin Powers Set as well as A Flea Market in our home...Gonna need to declutter again:)