Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Off the bat

I don't consider myself a collector, there are no clusters of animal-themed brasses or crystal flowers adorning any corner of my house. I do however often find myself drawn to items of a similar theme, material or era without realising it, and then I soon realise I have a little "collection" of items that go nicely together. This is one such collection:

Without really thinking about it, I have collected a nice little group of vintage sporting equipment for the boys. When not in use I think these will also make nice decor, either hanging from hooks on their walls, gathered together in a corner or hanging from the gym lockers I hope to "Find" someday and spraypaint for their room.




The vintage tennis racquets are my favourite, $3 each in Vinnie's, they remind me of the racquets we used to have as kids, we would become tennis obsessed when Wimbledon was on TV every year and spend hours playing out in the cul-de-sac.


These smaller bats are great for the boys to use now, $1 each in Vinnie's, my eldest loves banging a ping-pong ball around with the red bat in particular.

2 comments:

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

Isn't it funny how all of a sudden collections get started, without realizing we are making numerous purchases of the same types of items? Or what we are drawn to...such a personal thing, isn't it.

Missa said...

Nice collection :)
I love the idea of decorating the walls of a little boy's room with vintage sporting equipment!